Sunday, May 15, 2016
DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton, Bloomington, MN
About 100 fifth graders representing eight Twin Cities schools performed the Merengue, Foxtrot, Rumba, Tango, Swing, and Waltz before a panel of five experienced ballroom dance judges. In tribute to Prince, all students, parents, and audience members were invited to dance together in the finale as one team: The Purple Team.
Many thanks to our judges, volunteers, sponsors, and supporters for making our Spring 2016 Colors of the Rainbow team match an amazing success!
Alex and Alina Spencer
Hosts from Costa Rica Ballroom:
u partner dance
University of Minnesota Ballroom Dance Club.
Dancing Classrooms 2016 Spring Culminating Events
Students performed the six dances they learned, and shared the projects they created, for their fellow students, family, teachers, school staff and administrators at special Culminating Events at their schools listed below:
- Academia Cesar Chavez Charter School, St Paul
- Cherokee Heights Elementary School, St Paul
- Harambee Elementary School, Maplewood - VIEW GALLERY
- Jackson Preparatory School, St Paul
- Partnership Academy Charter School, Richfield
- Stonebridge IB World School, Minneapolis
- Wellstone Elementary School, St Paul